Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Genesis 3:22 - God says "us", meaning God, Jesus, & the Holy Spirit. This is also the beginning of humans knowing the difference between good & evil. There is so much going on in the first chapters of Genesis. Time is not as we know it. How many children did Adam & Even have? When did it become not acceptable to marry kin? It had to ahppen after the first "sin". But acording to my chronological Bible, Eve didn't have children until after they sinned. So, it seems as if they intermarried for some period of time.

Genesis 5:23 - Wouldn't it be great if God just "took" us to heaven, like Enoch. I would love to sit and hear Enoch talk. Wouldn't you?

Genesis 6 - It's hard to believe that God hated all the people and their sin so much that he felt compelled to wipe out the whole earth except for Noah and his family. I would like to be like Noah and "find favor with God". Can you imagine what your neighbors would say if you started building a boat in your yard as big as the Ark? But we are told that Noah did everything exactly as God commanded him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Jen. I am really enjoying my daily readings in the Chronological Bible. It seems like the more you know about the Bible, the more you realize that you don't know. Every time I read it through, I see something that I don't remember reading before. It's interesting how what you are going through at the time really affects what stands out to you in the verses. The Lord knows what we need and just when we need to hear it. I'm enjoying your blog.
    I agree with you it would be nice to go to Heaven like Enoch. Faye

    ReplyDelete