Saturday, January 30, 2010

I don't think I will ever catch up this year with my jottings. Maybe one day. I just get busy and don't take the time. Well, here's some more for your perusal.

Genesis 8 - During the flood, even the "underground" waters were flowing and stopped when the flood was receding.

Genesis 9 - God made a covenant with Noah that he would never again flood the earth. And the sign of the covenant is a rainbow. I've always loved seeing a rainbow. How wonderful is this reminder of God!!!

Genesis 9:18 - 10:1 - I don't really get why Noah cursed Canaan, the son of Ham. I guess it was wrong to see your father naked. I'm just not sure . . . Even Noah, as blessed as he was and as favored by God, got drunk. Shows us, all sin. . .

Genesis 11 - Tower of Babel. I believe that God has an ego. First, He didn't want Adam and Eve to stay in the Garden of Eden after they ate the fruit of the tree of good and evil because He didn't want them to eat the fruit of the tree of life. And now here, He says that the "people are united, and they all speak the same language. After this, nothing they set out to do will be impossible for them." So, He said, "Come, let's (again, more than God, i.e., God, Jesus, & Holy Spirit) go down and confuse the people with different languages. Then they won't be able to understand each other." God didn't want people thinking like they were God.

Here's a question for God. Why does he say in Genesis 6:3 that "humans. . .normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years. . ." but many people after this passage, i.e., Shem, lived to be 600 (Genesis 11:10-11)?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jen, you are really analyzing what you are reading. You have really made me think about how often God said "we or us" referring to the Trinity. Like you, I have a lot of questions for God when I get to Heaven too, but when we get there, I doubt if we will even care to have them answered. Anyhow if we do, we'll have a LONG time to get them all answered. Enjoying your blog. Faye

    ReplyDelete